Monday, November 2, 2009

some of halloween...

the theme this year was chosen by joey... he loves wizard of oz so that had to be it!!!
hershey was all too thrilled to be included (HA!).... of course, as the cowardly lion :)

sunnie as a munchkin... jason said she looked like a yard ornament,lol...

nic for his class halloween party... so sad that they couldnt dress in their costumes.. i remember when i was in school it was an all day party.. we wore our costumes to school and played games, ate candy and more candy... now for my kids they cant dress up, no candy, only healthy snacks for the one hour end of the day party and dont even think of taking candy for a snack when you return to school after halloween :( I can understand to a certain point but kids should still be allowed to be kids!!!!


joey looks like he was born to be the scarecrow from the movie!!! i have to give all the credit to my sister in law and brother in law because they put his entire costume together... Joey changed his mind the night before and wanted to be the lion instead but i bought it too small (the reason my dog got a costume) I didnt have time to run out and get everything for the scarecrow but they came to his rescue :) everybody loved it and of course i cried :( still dont understand why things like that get me so emotional. Helen was dorothy but i wasnt able to take pictures while they were trick or treating :( i'm gonna see if i can get a few from their teacher because they looked too darn cute together :)
i uploaded my pictures a little crazy and totally out of order but hey at least i got them on here :)
here is helens older sister, shawna.. isnt she beautiful? shawna just turned 16 and she has to be the best teenager i have ever known... so respectful, helpful, loving :) and she likes to spend her free time with me... why i'm not so sure but we like having her around so i dont question it ;)




3 comments:

Sandy from Ukiah said...

I love your pictures.. and your stories are so funny...

Unknown said...

I can not believe what you put poor Hershey through. I told you Sunnie looks so much like you. I just love the jars you made. I tell you, you are the most creative person ever.This is from your sister although I am signed in as Rocky.

~BridgetL~ said...

the costumes are so cute. I agree Sunnie looks like a lawn gnome LOL but I can see munchkin in there. I can't believe the dog let you do that. I don't like how school are now days with parties. We use to be able to wear our costumes all day and for kids now days one hr at the end of the day just isn't enough time to get costume on and enjoy anything before the bell rings :(