Monday, June 29, 2009

Thank God!!!!

thats all i can say... ok, well, not all i'm gonna say but really i do thank God for what he has and continues to do for my family. As some of you know we had a big scare with sunnie girl last friday. Our day was going as planned and took a turn that i never ever wouldve thought of.
My daughter brenda has to take prescription meds for behaviors and every morning we give them to her in the kitchen in the same corner and around the same time. I guess she must have spit one out or we must have dropped one by accident and didnt notice. well, sunnie still being a baby puts things in her mouth she's not suppose to. so, i guess by now you know how the story is going. she found one on the floor and ate it. when she was walking toward me i could see the sour look on her face and white stuff in her mouth. I grabbed her splashed her mouth with water and wiped with a towel and had her drink 2 cups of milk. Then she started to get real sleepy and ended up knocking out cold. i called 911 and they transported her to the ER. It was all so scary and unreal. the time was passing by so fast but yet so very very slow. Sunnie ended up sleeping 12 hours straight. The entire time I kept thinking why did i let this happen, how could i let my child get hurt like this, why didnt i sweep before sitting down to pay bills???? all of that was never ending. Logically I knew it was an accident and it wasnt something any of us did knowingly but I still couldnt stop thinking of the things i couldve done better.
Not a lot of things are guaranteed in my life but one thing i have learned for sure, what God gives me he will help me through it. At the time I may not seem like i know that but in the end it is always him I know to thank. Sunnie girl is as perfect as ever and if you were able to see her saturday you wouldve seen that. except for all the bruises on her body from being poked with needles and round sticky marks from the heart monitors you would never ever know something happened to her. Thank God my baby girl is just fine.

they ended up admitting her into the hospital so they could keep an eye on her. they needed to make sure her blood tests came back ok and her liver processed the medication properly with no problems. so, here she is in her hospital crib on saturday morning.

this picture was actually taken 10 minutes before she found the pill.

tonight she let me know she wanted to do a fashion show. you think i'm kidding? i'm being completely serious. she brought me her shoes (she has baskets of them) and wanted to try all of them on to model for her dad and brothers. I threw in the clothes but she loved it.


this was her runway. auntie glo, do you recognize the denim jacket? i'm sure you do but just in case its the one you bought her for the baby shower before she was even born. doesnt it go perfect with the tutu? lol.



a sneak peek of her 4th of july outfit. wait till you see the head wear.... i know she's not looking very happy about it all but dont let that fool you because she really was lovin' it all. I had a picture of her assistant, nicholas but for some reason it disappeared. maybe i never uploaded it and i just thought i had (i'm still not exactly all the way calmed after this past weekend).... nico boy is so good with his baby sister he was choosing clothes and shoes and announcing her entrance.
just remember life can change in a blink of an eye so make the most of what you have right now.... and NOW thats all i have to say, wheeeew!!!!! so I guess i lied I have a few more things to say. I wanted to thank all my family and friends for everything they did to help during this horrible thing. My sister is so far away but yet knew what she had to do, my sister in law was here immediately for us, my nephews jonathan, jesse and james were the best ever i cant believe how great those boys are, i think my mom followed the paramedics here and never ever left our side until sunnie was awake and well, auntie glo got to the hospital when we drove up in the ambulance, helens family was here immediately ready to help with whatever we needed. so, many people to thank and be thankful for. i cant believe how blessed we truly are to have such great people in our lives. i love you all!!!!!!!!!! just in case anyone is wondering why i didnt mention my in laws they are actually in San Antonio with joey. I know we had their prayers and if anyone has powerful prayers it is them ;)....




3 comments:

~BridgetL~ said...

OMG I didn't know this happened to Sunny. I was out of town and didn't bring a computer with me. I am glad to hear that she is ok. What a scare. Don't blame yourself. Accidents do happen and luckily you caught it and took the proper steps to make sure she would be ok.
Love the fashion show.

Gypsy Girl(Brenda) said...

God is good all the time God is good. We do know that. She is toooo cute. I love the outfit.

all4sydney said...

OMG BRIDGETTE!!! I did not know!! I am sooooo THANKFUL she is alright!! You poor thing...you have been through hell!!